AmMetLife Protect20 is a regular insurance plan that covers you for 20 years. It will cover you for permanent and total disability (TPD) and death. Benefits would be paid upon TPD or death, whichever is earlier.
Benefits of AmMetLife Protect20 Plan:
- Your nominee would receive 100% of sum assured in event of death.
- In case of TPD, you would receive 100% of sum assured in one lump sum.
- The minimum sum assured for the policy is RM100,000.
- The policy coverage period for the policy plan is 20 years.
- Your premium for AmMetLife Protect20 plan is guaranteed and fixed for the entire insurance term.
- You do not have to pay any fees or charges to take up the plan.
- You can get tax benefits based on your contribution premium for the plan.
- Any individual who is aged between 30 days (attained age) and 60 years (next birthday) is eligible to take up thus plan.
AmMetLife Protect20 Plan Insurance Claims
- In case of any claim, you need to notify AmMetLife immediately.
- You can notify a claim by various methods such as through telephone, fax, and written notice. You can personally walk-in to AmMetLife Head Office or any other branches.
- You need to notify any claim within 90 days from the date of loss.
- The claims department will provide any necessary forms that need to be completed. They would also specify the required documents to make a claim.
- You or the claimant need to ensure that all required forms are completed, and all mandatory documents to submitted to AmMetLife.
- You can find a list of required documents to make a claim on AmMetLife website.
- Telephone Number: 1300 88 8800.
- Fax number: (603) 2171 3000.
- Email Address: email@example.com.
- Address: AmMetLife Insurance Berhad
- Level 6, Menara 1 Sentrum,
- No. 201, Jalan Tun Sambanthan,
- 50470 Kuala Lumpur.
- SMS: Type AML
Message. Send to 33911.
How to Cancel AmMetLife Protect20 Plan?
You can cancel your the plan by notifying AmMetLife via telephone, or by visiting the nearest branch. An AmMetLife representative will help you with the process.
Q. What does the total and permanent disability cover provide?
A. You would receive 100% of sum assured in event of TPD. This amount would be in form of one lump sum. Your TPD benefit would automatically end on the policy due date immediately preceding your 65th birthday.
Q. What is the sum assured amount for total and permanent disability?
A. The total benefit payable for total and permanent disability is a maximum of RM2,000,000. This would be the total sum for one or more insurance policies that you may have for TPD with AmMetLife.
Q. Would the total and permanent disability benefit end once sum assured is paid?
A. Yes. Once the benefit is paid, any cover for TPD would end. If there are any outstanding debt on your AmMetLife Protect20 Plan at the time of settlement, it would be deducted from the payable amount of this policy. In that case, the sum assured would be revised, and the revised sum assured would be paid to you in one lump sum.
Q. How much premium should I pay to take up an AmMetLife Protect20 Plan?
A. The total premium amount would differ case by case as it is based on various terms and conditions. Your premium amount would be calculated based on your gender, age, coverage amount and AmMetLife insurance underwriting requirements. You would be informed of the premium you need to pay once AmMetLife considers your application.
Q. What if I am not able to pay my premium on time?
A. AmMetLife allows you a grace period of 30 days from the due date to pay your premium amount. If you do not pay within the grace period, then your AmMetLife Protect20 Plan would lapse.
Q. Do I have to disclose my entire health history to take up AmMetLife Protect20 Plan?
A. Yes. You have to disclose your correct age and all of your medical conditions. Any case of wrong disclosure would lead to your insurance policy being terminated by AmMetLife, or it would have an effect on your premium amount and coverage benefits.