AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime is a non-participating limited premium payment whole life plan with monthly premiums starting from RM150. The policy offers guaranteed premium. AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime covers death, total and permanent disability (TPD) and critical illnesses—all in a single policy.
Types of AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime Insurance
There are four plans offered by AmMetLife under ProtectSecure Prime insurance policy; each of these plans cover death and TPD. They also give you an option to pick accidental cover and critical illness cover as additional benefits.
Benefits of AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime Insurance
- The premium payable is fixed and not dependent on your age.
- You can choose your premium payment terms varying from 10 years, 20 years or till the end of policy year of age 60.
- You don’t have to pay the premiums after you reach the age of 60 years to keep the policy in force.
- The policy increases 10% of the initial sum assured every year, after completing the first policy anniversary until 10th policy year.
- The policy provides double coverage (200%) in case of death or TPD between 11th policy year and age 61.
- The coverage is provided until the end of policy year of 80 years of age.
- On maturity, the policy returns the guaranteed maturity benefit that is equal to the initial sum assured.
- You have an option to choose the extra benefits of accident cover and critical illness cover.
- 36 critical illnesses are covered under this policy.
- If you are diagnosed with any of the 36 critical illnesses, further premium payments will be waived off.
- You can receive the benefits of TPD until you reach the age of 65 years. Also, you get to receive the accidental cover till the age of 70 years.
The eligibility criteria to buy AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime is that your age must be 30 days or more but not more than 50 years, depending on the plan selected.
AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime Insurance for Foreigners
AmMetLife is currently not offering the policy to foreigners.
AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime Insurance Claims
The procedure for making a claim goes as:
- You inform AmMetLife on the claim within 90 days of loss for all claims by visiting AmMetLife’s head office or branch office, via telephone, via email or by sending in a fax.
- You can collect the claim forms to be filled from the Claims department at the head office or the nearest branch office. You can also get to know information on the required documents you have to submit along with the claim forms.
- The policy owner must fill the claim forms. However, the claimant can fill the forms only in the case of death claims.
You can reach the customer care centre to get clarifications on your queries through one of the below methods:
- Hotline number 1300 88 8800
- Fax your query to +60321713000
- Email id firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send an SMS to 33911 free of cost in the format—AML
How to Cancel the AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime Insurance Policy?
You can get the Cancellation forms from one of the following sources:
- AmMetLife agent
- Customer service associate
- Branch office
- AmMetLife’s official website
Once you fill the form accurately, get the signature of all the required parties. You can submit this form along with the policy agreement and the Direct Crediting form to the agent or any of the branch offices. You can alternately submit the claim forms online by emailing the documents to AmMetLife.
Upon submission of complete documentation, the cancellation will be processed within 10 working days and the premium will be refunded.
Q. Do I receive any notification on renewal of the policy?
A. Yes. If you are a policyholder and have opted to pay the premiums in cash or cheque, then you will receive the renewal notice. Renewal notice will be issued 45 calendar days before the next due date of your premium.
Q. Can I expect any additional protection from the insurance policy?
A. Yes. You may receive 5 times the initial sum assured as additional pay-out in the event of accidental death/TPD on selected plans.
Q. What is the maximum age up to which protection is provided?
A. AmMetLife ProtectSecure Prime provides protection until the age of 80 years.
Q. How long does the policy increase 10% on the initial sum assured?
A. The policy provides a facility where the initial sum assured increases by 10% annually from policy year one to policy year ten.
Q. When does the double coverage feature come into effect?
A. The double coverage feature will be in-force from policy year 11 till the age of 61. It proves beneficial in the event of death, TPD and critical illness depending on the plan selected.