i-CARE is a non-participating, annually renewable term plan from Gibraltar BSN that provides protection to you and your family with a coverage of up to RM500,000. This policy covers death, total and permanent disability (TBD), and also offers additional accidental death benefits. There are 3 plans under i-CARE - Plan A, Plan B, and Plan C with varying coverage amount.
Features and Benefits
- In the event of your unfortunate death, the plan plan will give a lump sum amount to your family.
- If you suffer from Total and Permanent Disability (TBD), your loved ones will receive a lump sum amount that will help ease the financial burden of their shoulders.
- In case of any accidental death, the policy will give an additional amount to your family members.
- You can enjoy tax exemption with this plan.
- The policy offers you three different plans to choose from. Depending on your chosen plan, the sum assured for death, TPD and accidental death varies.
You need to be between 18 years and 60 years of age to be deemed eligible for this plan.
Gibraltar BSN i-CARE for Foreigners
This plan is currently available for citizens of Malaysia, Brunei, and Singapore.
Gibraltar Life Insurance Calculator
If you want to know how much premium per year you need to pay for this plan, you can easily do so by entering the details in the available fields given in the website – age, gender, and type of plan. Thereafter, you can click on ‘Submit’ to see the amount and decide accordingly.
Gibraltar BSN i-CARE Claims
If you want to make a claim, you need to first fill up the claim form available on the Gibraltar BSN official website. After filling up the form, you can submit the same along with the necessary documents to the nearest Gibraltar BSN branch.
If you have any queries or clarifications, you can contact Gibraltar BSN in many ways. Here is a list::
- Local contact number: 1-300-22-6262.
- Overseas contact number: +603-2687-2020.
- You can send an email to [email protected]
- You can also follow the social media page of Gibraltar BSN for the latest updates.
Q: What is the coverage term of this plan?
A: The plan provides death coverage till the age of 80 years of age. For TBD, it provides coverage till 69 years of age.
Q: Is there any limit of sum assured that I can apply for?
A: Yes. The maximum sum assured is RM500,000 for death and TBD, and the minimum sum assured is RM100,000 for TBD and death.
Q: What if I change my mind about the policy later?
A: After you get the policy contract in hand, you get fifteen days ‘Free-Look-Period’ to decide whether you really want the policy or if it is suitable for you. If you decide to return the policy to Gibraltar BSN within the ‘Free-Look-Period,’ then you will get back all your paid premiums. No interest will be charged.
Q: When can my family inform Gibraltar BSN to claim a compensation?
A: Your family/beneficiaries need to inform Gibraltar BSN within thirty days from the date of an incident (death/TBD) to get the compensation claim.
Q: What are the documents required for death claim?
A: The following documents are required for a death claim:
- Original copies of Life Assured’s policy and Assignment deed.
- Certified copies of death certificate, police report/burial permit, MRTA certificate, NRIC of nominee, relationship proof, and bank statements.
- Age proof.
- Letter of Administrative or Grant of Probate.
There are some additional documents that have to be produced in case of accidental death benefits like:
- Police report
- Third party police report
- Final Investigation police
- Post Mortem report
- Toxiocology report
- Newspaper cutting
Q. When will the coverage end?
A. Your coverage will end if you fail to make premium payments or if you do not renew the policy on a yearly basis. It can also end in an event of death or TPD.