Pos Hayat is a term insurance policy that can be renewed on a yearly basis. The policy is distributed by Pos Malaysia. With this insurance plan, you can get cover for death, accidental death, total and permanent disability (TPD), and accidental TPD. It also covers hospital expenses or death due to Dengue or Zika virus.
Types of Gibraltar Pos Hayat Life Insurance
Pos Hayat has the following variants:
- Plan 1: The plan provides death and additional accidental death cover of RM3,000 and RM10,000 respectively.
- Plan 2: The plan provides death and additional accidental death cover of RM5,000 and RM20,000 respectively.
- Plan 3: You can get death and additional accidental death cover of RM7,000 and RM30,000 by choosing this plan.
- Plan 4: The plan covers TPD, additional accidental TPD, and an additional benefit for death or hospitalisation due to Dengue or Zika virus infection, in addition to the death and additional accidental death cover.
- Plan 5: The plan offers protection against death caused by Dengue fever or Zika virus (up to RM20,000) and cash benefit of RM50 per day for hospital expenses (hospitalisation due to Dengue). You can also get protection against death and TPD with accidental cover.
- Plan 6: The hospitalisation cash benefit in case of Dengue or Zika viral infection is RM70 per day. The other benefits are death cover, TPD cover, and accidental TPD cover.
Features & Benefits
The features and benefits of Pos Hayat are:
- 6 different plans to choose from.
- The policy provides exclusive protection against Dengue and Zika virus infection.
- You don’t have to undergo medical check-up upon sign-up.
- Offers protection until you attain the age of 70 years.
- The premium can be as low as RM0.11 per day.
You have to be in the age group between 18 years and 65 years to be eligible to buy Pos Hayat insurance policy.
Gibraltar Pos Hayat Life Insurance for Foreigners
Pos Hayat life insurance is open to you even if you are a foreigner.
Gibraltar Life Insurance Calculator
Go to Gibraltar’s “Life Plan Calculator” page and entire all the required fields to get an estimate.
Gibraltar Pos Hayat Life Insurance Claims
Before contacting the insurance company on claims request, it is recommended to read the policy document and make sure that the type of claim you are going to make is covered in the policy. Also, you must check if any claims were already made on the policy and if the policy is still in force.
Once you have checked all these factors, you can then go ahead and notify the insurance company of the claim you wish to make. The company will verify your policy document and then provide you with the claim forms and inform you about the necessary documents you need to submit with the claims application. Once you submit your claims application, it will be processed in a few days’ time and you will receive the benefit amount.
If you have queries queries related to the insurance policy, you can visit the nearest branch and find answers. You can also visit the company’s website for more information on the insurance policies.
Also, you can reach the customer service associates by dialling in 1300-22-6262, if you are a local customer. If you are an overseas customer, you can dial the number +603-2687 2020. You can also drop an email at [email protected]
How to Cancel Gibraltar Pos Hayat Life Insurance Policy
You have to return the Certificate of Insurance to the insurance company when you think of cancelling your insurance policy. If you make the cancellation request within the first 15 days from the date of policy delivery, then you will receive a refund of the premium you have paid without any interest. If you cancel the policy after this 15 days period, then your policy will be terminated on the next policy anniversary. But you will not receive any refund of the premium.
Q. What is the benefit amount receivable in case of death within the first 2 years of the date of issue of the policy?
A. The benefit amount you can receive will be equivalent to the annual premium you have paid in the year the event occurred.
Q. What is the age limit to get TPD or accidental TPD benefit?
A. You can get TPD or accidental TPD benefit up to an age of 60 years.
Q. How long does the policy provide hospitalisation cash benefit in case of Dengue fever?
A. You can get hospitalisation cash benefit for a period of 10 days in case of Dengue fever.
Q. What is the annual premium I should pay if my age is between 51 years and 60 years for Plan 3?
A. According to the data provided on the official website of Gibraltar, you will have to pay an annual premium of RM335 for Plan 3 if your age is between 51 and 60 years.
Q. Should I pay any fees and charges?
A. You do not have to pay any fees and charges explicitly. However, 10% of your annual premium will be considered as the commission to Pos Malaysia.