The Smart Legacy is a life protection insurance plan offered by Great Eastern Life Malaysia. The policy provides ensures that your family is financially independent even if you are not there. The plan also helps you manage your savings by providing you access to unit funds.
Features and Benefits
- You can get a minimum coverage of RM500,000 or above with this policy against cases of death and total permanent disability.
- The policy also comes with an additional protection against cases of accidental death.
- You can earn an additional 1% to 30% of the basic sum assured per year with the policy.
- You will get another 12% Booster Reward if you pay all premiums before due dates.
- You will also get access to funds that can help you invest your money.
- The policy also comes with a range of additional riders to choose from.
- The policy comes with a No-Lapse Guarantee for the first 3 years. This makes sure that the policy stays in force even if the total insurable value becomes zero as long as you pay the premiums regularly.
Smart Legacy Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for with the policy are listed below:
- Minimum entry age: 30 days.
- Maximum entry age: 70 years.
Smart Legacy Calculator
The insurance sum associated with this policy is calculated depending upon your age at the time of policy purchase, sex, health condition, and smoking habits.
Smart Legacy Insurance Claims
You can make claims for the the policy by visiting the Great Eastern Life official website. You are then required to choose the claim type and fill up the related claim form. After filling the form, you need to attach it with the supporting documents of the claim and submit it at the customer service centre of the nearest Great Eastern Life branch.
You can contact the Great Eastern Life via the following customer service numbers to get any query related to the policy resolved:
- Hotline number: 1300 1300 88.
- Customer service number: +603 4259 8888.
How to Cancel Smart Legacy Insurance Plan
When you buy this policy, you will be given a free-look period of 15 days. You can review the suitability of the policy for you during this period of time. If you don’t find the policy suitable for you, you can return the policy. This will be followed with a refund of any premium paid by you on the policy.
Q. What are the fees and charges associated with this policy?
A. The following is the list of fees and charges associated with the policy:
- Monthly policy fee: RM6.36.
- Fund management charge: 0.50% to 1.50% p.a.
Q. What are the ways I can pay premiums for the policy?
A. You can pay the premiums through internet banking, credit card, auto-debit, cheque, cash, and banker’s order.
Q. Can I use this policy for tax benefits?
A. The premiums paid for the policy may qualify for tax relief. However, this is subject to Malaysian Income Tax Act, 1967. This also depends upon the final decision of the Inland Revenue Board.
Q. Where can I buy the Smart Legacy policy from?
A. You can buy the policy by contacting Great Eastern Life via its customer service numbers or by visiting the nearest Great Eastern Life branch.
Q. What are the conditions that are excluded from the policy?
A. The policy doesn’t cover the following conditions:
- Death during the first year of the policy by suicide.
- Any pre-existing medical condition.
- Total permanent disability caused by self-inflicted injuries.