The SmartProtect Max is an insurance policy offered by Great Eastern Life. The policy provides you with a high coverage against unfortunate events like total permanent disability and death. You can also choose the funds according to your goals and needs.
Features and Benefits
The features and benefits associated with the policy are listed below:
- The policy comes with a minimum coverage of RM500,000 and more.
- The policy lets you choose from a range of premium payment tenures that has a maximum limit of 20 years.
- The policy provides you protection for up to 30 years.
- The sum assured with the policy gets an annual increase of 1%.
- The policy gives you a list of funds to choose from according to your savings need.
- This policy has a no-lapse guarantee for first the 6 years that confirms that the policy will stay in force even when the total investment value drops down to zero if you keep paying the premium regularly.
- You can manage the levels of protection and boost your investment with a minimum top-up of RM1,000 on your premiums.
- You can convert the policy into a whole life policy at the time of maturity that will provide you protection up to 80 years of age.
- The policy also comes with a range of riders you can choose from in order to get extra protection.
The eligibility criteria associated with the policy is as follows:
- Minimum entry age: 19 years.
- Maximum entry age: 69 years.
SmartProtect Max Calculator
The insurance sum is calculated on the basis of your age, sex, smoking habits, and health condition at the time of policy purchase.
SmartProtect Max Plan Claims
You can make claims by finding the right claims form on the official website of Great Eastern Life. You need to fill the form with required details and submit it to the nearest Great Eastern Life branch along with supporting documents.
SmartProtect Max Contact Number
The helpline numbers for this policy are given below:
- Customer service number: +603 4259 8888.
- Hotline number: 1300 1300 88.
How to Cancel SmartProtect Max Plan
After you receive the policy, you will be given a 15-day free-look period. During this time, you can review the suitability of the policy for you. If you do not find it to be the perfect fit for you, you can request for a return. In these cases, any premium paid on the policy by you will be returned to you.
Q. What are the terms associated with premium payment of this policy?
A. You can choose from 5,10, and 20 years of premium payment term with this policy.
Q. What are the ways I can make premium payment for this policy?
A. You can pay premiums via banker’s order, cheque, cash, auto-debit, credit card, and internet banking.
Q. Can I pay the premiums for this policy on half-yearly basis?
A. Yes. You can pay premiums for this policy on monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annual basis.
Q. What kind of charges do I have to bear with this insurance plan, if any?
A. You need to pay a monthly fee of RM6.00 and fund management fee ranging from 0.5% to 1.5% p.a. on the basis of funds you choose to invest in.
Q. Where can I buy this policy from?
A. You can buy the policy over-the-counter at any Great Eastern Life branch. You can also contact the institution via its customer service numbers and request for the same.
Q. Will I be entitled to tax relaxation with this policy?
A. The benefits you receive with this policy cannot be used for tax relaxation. However, the premiums paid by you on the policy may qualify for tax relaxation. This is subject to the final decision of Inland Revenue Board and Malaysian Income Tax Act, 1967.