SmartProtect Essential is an affordable insurance plan by Great Eastern that provides you protection against unfortunate events with as RM100 per month. The policy also assists you in improving your savings by letting you invest in funds of your choice.
Features and Benefits
- You can get the policy by paying RM100 per month.
- The policy provides coverage against cases total permanent disability and death.
- You can earn an additional 1% p.a. on the sum assured.
- You can choose from a flexible range of investment and protection levels with this policy.
- The plan also lets you choose from a range of unit funds to invest in.
- You can opt for extra protection with additional riders available with this policy.
- The policy also comes with a No-Lapse Guarantee for first three years. This ensures that policy does not lapse even if when the total investment value drops to zero given that you pay the premiums on a regular basis.
- Minimum age at the beginning of the policy: 30 days.
- Maximum allowed age at the time of policy purchase: 70 years.
SmartProtect Essential Calculator
The calculation of insurance sum is based upon your entry age, health condition, sex, and smoking habits.
SmartProtect Essential Claims
You need to visit the official website of Great Eastern Life in order to make claims for the policy. You should then choose the right claim type and fill the claims form accordingly. You should then attach the supporting documents with the duly filled claims form and submit it to the nearest branch of Great Eastern Life.
You can contact Great Eastern Life regarding further information about the policy via the following numbers:
- Customer service number: +603 4259 8888.
- Hotline number: 1300 1300 88.
How to Cancel SmartProtect Essential Plan
You will get a free-look period of 15 days at the time of policy purchase. If you decide to return the policy within 15 days after the deliver, all premium paid by you on the policy will be returned.
Q. How do I pay premiums for the policy?
A. You can make payments via cash, cheque, GIRO, credit card, and banker’s order.
Q. Can I use the premiums paid on this policy for tax relaxation?
A. Yes, the premiums paid on the policy may qualify for tax relaxation. However it is subject to the Malaysian Income Tax Act, 1967 and final decision made by the Inland Revenue Board.
Q. Should I pay premiums on monthly basis?
A. You can pay premiums monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and annually.
Q. Is there any kind of fee associated with this policy?
A. Yes, you will be charged with a monthly fee of RM6 and a fund management fee of 0.5 to 1.5% p.a. depending upon the choice funds you opt to invest in.
Q. Where and how do I purchase this plan?
A. You can visit the nearest Great Eastern Life branch to buy the policy. You can also put in your request for the same telephonically by contacting Great Eastern via its customer service numbers.