HLA Secure100 is a non-participating whole life a policy that comes with long term protection and flexible premium payment tenure. Moreover, the policy offers you a coverage up to the age of 100 years.
Benefits of HLA Secure100
- The policy protects you from total and permanent disability (TPD) and death till the age of 65.
- In an event of death or total and permanent disability, the Basic Sum Assured will be paid.
- Total and permanent disability benefit (TPD) of up to RM3,500,000 (15 to 65 years of age).
- It also offers a guaranteed maturity benefit of 100% on survival till the age of 100 years.
- The scheme comes with four premium payment term options that include, a limited term of 10 years, 15 years, 20 years, and a long term payment option till the age of 100 years.
- The surrender value for this insurance scheme is fully guaranteed. Additionally, there is a possibility that you will recover all your previously paid premiums.
- Nationality criterion: Malaysian citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia
- Age criteria: Maximum age: 65 years (for obtaining death and TPD benefits)
- MyKad or NRIC (copy of both sides).
- Residential proof.
- Any other documents as/if specified by the bank.
HLA Secure100 Insurance for Foreigners
The Secure100 insurance scheme by Hong Leong Assurance is not available for foreigners/expats or non-residents of Malaysia.
HLA Secure100 Insurance Claims
You need to claim the policy at the event of death or TPD. It is important to submit a written request to the Hong Leong Bank regarding the claim. You can talk to the representatives of the bank for any doubts or queries regarding the Secure100 insurance claim.
If you have any query or doubt regarding the Secure100 plan, you can contact the customer care department of the Hong Leong Bank on the hotline: 03-7650 1288 or you can also reach the agents by filling the enquiry/feedback form that is available on the official website.
How to cancel HLA Secure100 Insurance
If you are considering to cancel your Hong Leong Secure100 insurance scheme, you should contact the bank within 15 days from the date of the delivery of the policy. With this, you will get your entire premium amount back only by subtracting the medical expenses that were suffered by the bank/company.
Q. Does the policy offer death benefit for suicide?
A. No, any self-inflicted injury caused to body, at sane or insane state of mind, will not be covered under the Secure100 scheme. Q. What is the free-look period of the policy?
A. You will get a free-look period of 15 days from the commencement of the policy. If you cancel your policy within this period, the premier and tax that you pay with it, will be given back to you. Medical expenses incurred by the bank will be deducted from the refundable amount.
Q. Are there any fees and charges that I need to pay for this insurance policy?
A. You do not have to pay any other fees and charges while obtaining the policy, but only the premium amount.
Q. When will I receive the maturity benefits?
A. When you survive the age of 100, you will get the maturity benefits in the form of a cash lump sum of 100% of your Basic Sum Assured.
Q. Can I nominate more than one nominees for my insurance policy?
A. Yes, you can have more than one nominees to benefit from your policy. While applying for the policy, you need to submit the names and share/distribution of the nominees as per your choice. If you fail to provide the share (in percentages), the policy will be equally divided amongst the nominees.
Read the fine prints in detail before applying for the policy to avoid any confusion. Also, in case you want to cancel the policy, it’s best to do within the free-look period.