It is an investment-linked insurance scheme that is exclusively customised for your child’s protection. You can offers protection to your unborn baby as early as when you are 18 weeks pregnant.
Features and Benefits of PRUmy child
- The plan offers protection to your child even before birth. You can protect your baby as early as when you are 18 weeks pregnant.
- The protection plan gives you liberty to design a comprehensive plan for your child.
- PRUmy child comes with affordable premium options that start from RM50 per month.
- This investment-linked plan offers you a flexible choice of funds to secure your child’s future. You can choose ‘PRUsaver kid’ facility to invest in multiple local and global, funds, equity, and bonds.
- You can also choose optional riders for your kid ranging from educational savings, accidental covers, and critical illnesses.
- The plan offers you Loyalty Bonus of 5% of annualised premium when you complete 10 years of your policy term and every 3 years after that.
- Nationality criterion: Malaysian citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia
- Age criteria: The plan covers an unborn baby that is 18 weeks into pregnancy until 18 years old
- A copy of MyKad or NRIC (if applicable)
- Documents for residential proof
- Any other document as requested by the bank/insurance provider
PRUmy child Insurance Claims
You should get a claim form from the insurance company and submit it to the official representative for the further procedure. You need to attach all the mandatory documents with the insurance claim application form. If necessary, you can refer to your doctor/physician to complete the medical report.
If you have any query or request regarding the PRUmy child plan, you can contact a representative on hotline: 03 21160228. You can also write an email at email@example.com regarding your requests and doubts about the product.
How to Cancel PRUmy child Insurance Policy
You should contact a customer service representative and follow the directions given by them to commence the cancellation procedure. You will have to submit a cancellation form to a Prudential branch to initiate the policy cancellation procedure.
Q. What are the benefits that this policy offers on unfortunate demise of the insured child within 30 days of birth?
A. If something as unfortunate as this happens to the child, you can obtain the amount of total premiums that you have paid so far minus any value that you have taken out from the units. You will also get the total value of units in the policy, whichever is higher.
Q. What will I get if I choose to surrender the policy?
A. You will get the value of your units in the policy when you choose to surrender it.
Q. How can I save through ‘PRUmy child’ plan?
A. You can save for your child’s higher education through ‘PRUedusaver’ which provides you guaranteed annual income during your child’s schooling years. Additionally, ‘PRUsaver kid’ assists your kid to grow the savings.
Q. What are Infant Care benefits that this policy gives?
A. The plan covers your child within first 60 days of birth against Neonatal Jaundice that requires phototherapy treatment. Moreover, it covers your child’s admission into Intensive Care Unit or High Dependency Unit within the first 12 months of birth, for a maximum of 60 days. The plan also covers baby’s incubation for 60 days after birth and covers up to 15 congenital conditions until the child turns 2 years old.
Q. What is the premium that I have to pay for ‘PRUedusaver’?
A. You will have to pay a minimum premium of RM600 p.a. if you choose the ‘PRUedusaver’ plan.