SunLink is a premium investment-linked plan that offers you insurance protection along with investment return till the age of 99 years. This plan allows you to invest in funds of your choice besides providing coverage against death and Total and Permanent Disability (TPD).
Benefits of SunLink Insurance Plan
- Claim up to 4 times on any of the 36 critical illnesses covered under this plan..
- Enhance your protection plan by adding a variety of riders.
- A medical card for cashless admission in a hospital.
- Premiums will be waived automatically in the event of death caused by any of the critical illnesses covered under the plan.
- You can switch to a different fund every new policy year without any additional charge.
- The minimum insurance premium payable is RM2,400 per year.
The minimum entry age of the life assured is 1 month and the maximum is 65 years.
The minimum entry age of policy owner is 18 years (there’s no maximum age limit).
SunLink Insurance Foreigners
This policy is for Malaysian citizens and permanent residents of Malaysia.
SunLink Insurance Calculator
You can get a quote by filling up some details like your date of birth, age, gender, height, weight, annual income, annual expenses, and amount of existing insurance. After this, you can choose your plan and fill up the health questionnaire before signing up.
SunLink Insurance Policy Claims
There are two ways to submit a claim:
- Online: You can submit your claim through the portal. Just enter your details and attach the necessary supporting documents before submitting.
- Manual: You can manually go and submit the duly filled in claims submission form along with the necessary documents.
If you have any queries about the policy, you can contact the Customer Service in the following ways:
- Customer Service Counter
Sun Life Malaysia Assurance Berhad (197499-U)
Sun Life Malaysia Takaful Berhad (689263-M))
Level 11, 338 Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
50100 Kuala Lumpur
- Customer Careline at 1300-88-5055
- You can fill up the feedback/enquiry form available on the website
- Client Charter at https://www.sunlifemalaysia.com/customer-care/client-charter/
- Email your query/clarification at: email@example.com
Q. How can I pay the premium payment?
A. You can make the premium payment on a monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/yearly basis.
Q. What are the exclusions of Hospitalisation and Surgical rider?
A. No benefit shall be paid if hospitalisation or surgery or charges caused by the following:
- Suicide attempt
- Pre-existing condition
- Plastic surgery
- Drug/alcohol misuse
- Mental or nervous disorders
- Congenital abnormalities
- External prosthetic appliances
- Dangerous sports
- Sex change
- Organ donation
Q. What are the fees and charges applicable?
A. The following fees and charges are applicable:
|Cost of insurance (COI)||Subject to GST|
|Fund switching charges||Free for the first three switches. Subsequent switches are subject to RM53.|
|Partial withdrawal charges||RM53|
Q. Where can I buy the policy from?
A. You can buy the policy from a nearby Sun Life Malaysia branch or you can call the customer service numbers to put in your request.
Q. Is there any registration fees for e-Payment?
A: No, you can get this service for free.
SunLink lets you to choose funds as per your convenience. You can also switch to a different fund in every policy year without paying any additional charge.
It is advised to go through the terms and conditions thoroughly before signing up to avoid any sort of confusion in the future.