Zurich FlexiLife Plus is a regular investment-linked life insurance plan. It is a flexible plan that lets you earn profit by investing in a wide range of local and foreign funds.
Benefits of Zurich FlexiLife Plus
- You will get comprehensive cover for death or total and permanent disability.
- You can increase or decrease your basic sum assured at any time if required.
- You can switch funds according to your preferences and risk tolerance levels.
- You can get loyalty bonus every 5 policy years to enhance your account value.
- Your policy would not lapse during the first 3 years even if your account value is insufficient to cover all costs.
- You can enhance your sum assured up to 20% of your basic sum assured for special events without any need of underwriting.
- You can add optional riders to enhance your protection and coverage amount.
- You can top-up your premium to boost the value of your investment account.
- Life Assured:
- The age criteria is minimum 30 days old and maximum 69 years old.
- The age criteria is minimum 18 years and above.
Zurich FlexiLife Plus Claim Process
If you need to make any claim, you need to write to Zurich. You can either send a written notice or submit an online notice. You can find the online notice on Zurich website.
You will find a list of required documents available on the website. You have to attach required documents to complete your online submission. You can download the form and list of required documents.
- Telephone: 1300 888 622.
11th Floor, Menara Zurich,
No. 12, Jalan Dewan Bahasa,
50460 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- You can contact Zurich by submitting an online enquiry form.
How to Cancel Zurich FlexiLife Plus?
You can call the customer service centre or visit your nearest branch to cancel your life insurance policy.
Q. What is the loyalty bonus that I will get if I take up this policy?
A. This programme will reward you with a loyalty bonus of 0.5% of your average monthly account value. The average is calculated over your last 5 premium years. This bonus will be in form of units and paid every 5 years until your policy expires at age 100. This will be applicable if you have paid the full premium on time for the entire term.
Q. What does the guaranteed insurability option provide?
A. The guaranteed insurability option will allow you to increase your basic sum assured up to 20%. You can take up this option only 5 times for the entire policy term for special events such as birth, marriage, legal adoption or death. Your basic sum assured will increase up to RM500,000 or 100% whichever is lower.
Q. Are there any terms and conditions for guaranteed insurability option?
A. Yes. As a life assured, you should be aged 50 years or below to request for this option. You should not have made any claims on your policy. You must use this option by producing relevant documents within 90 days from the event date. This option can be used once per event except for births or legal adoptions where a total of 3 children are allowed for this event.
Q. What would happen to my investment if I make a claim?
A. If you make a claim for total and permanent disability before reach 70 years, you can opt to receive your basic sum assured and keep your policy in force to earn returns on your investment. You can choose this option if your policy investment value is adequate enough to cover any fees and charges.
Q. What are the various fees and charges associated with this policy?
A. The various fees and charges are:
- Insurance charges: This would differ based on your basic sum assured, age and gender.
- Policy fee: You have to pay RM5 per month for annual premium payment and RM6 per month for other modes of payment.
- Fund switching fee: You will get one free switch every year. You need to pay RM50 for every subsequent switch in the same year for manual switching. There is no fee for e-switching.
- Top-up fee: You have to pay 5% for regular and irregular top-ups. Irregular top-ups also will include an extra RM25 service charge.
- Fund management fee: You have to pay 1% to 1.5% based on the net asset value of your funds per year.
- Partial withdrawal charges: You have to pay RM50 per withdrawal. You need to maintain a minimum investment balance of RM2,000 across all funds. The minimum amount to withdraw is RM1,000.
Invest in funds and get higher returns through this plan. Simultaneously, you get cover for TPD and death benefits with this plan. Make sure you have read the fine prints carefully before signing up!