Overview of Maybank Islamic Credit Cards
Islamic credit cards are those that let you opt for financial assistance while strictly adhering to the shariah system. Maybank has a wide variety of Islamic credit cards for you to choose from. Each card offers a multitude of benefits to fulfill your economic requirements and more, while keeping to the principle of Ujrah at the same time.
Features and Benefits of Maybank Islamic Credit Cards
- No Annual Fee with no conditions attached, except for the premium card. The annual fee for the Islamic Ikhwan Visa Infinite Card is RM800. Even this fee is waived for the first year, and also for subsequent years if a minimum of RM50,000 is spent on the card in a year.
- Maybank offers up to 4 supplementary cards per principal card, free of cost.
- Petronas cardholders get 8% cashback for spending at PETRONAS stations on Saturday & Sunday.
- Petronas cardholders also get 1% cashback for spending at PETRONAS stations from Monday till Friday, capped at RM50 per month.
- Cardholders earn 1x TREATSPoints for all retail transactions except for government bodies, groceries and petrol stations.
- 5% rebate on petrol and groceries on Friday and Saturday, capped at maximum of RM50 per customer, per month.
- Cardholders get a free Maybank Touch n’ Go Zing Card, an automatic reload card that is linked to your Ikhwan Islamic credit card.
- Islamic Petronas cardholders can enjoy Mesra points at all PETRONAS Stations with any purchase of fuel and/or Kedai Mesra items.
- Mastercard Islamic cards let you win an Umrah Trip. One weekly Umrah winner is selected to win an Umrah package for 2 people who are Muslims, or a holiday package for non-Muslims. To be eligible for this trip, a cardholder has to spend a minimum of RM200 in a single receipt of retail transaction. Every RM200 and above spent in a single receipt is equivalent to one entry.
Why Choose Islamic Credit Cards from Maybank Islamic
There are multiple features and benefits that make the Islamic credit cards from Maybank the right credit card option to opt for. Some of them are:
- You can select from a wide variety of cards serving different purposes.
- American Express, Visa and Mastercard variant of credit cards are available with Maybank.
- Islamic credit cards are based on the Shariah principle of Ujrah (fee on service).
- Lets you donate to organizations like Mercy and UNICEF.
- With every spending, Maybank contributes 0.1% of that amount for charity purposes.
Types of Maybank Islamic Credit Cards
- Maybank Islamic Mastercard Ikhwan Platinum Card - This card will give back to charity and send you to Umrah.
- Maybank Islamic MasterCard Ikhwan Gold Card - With every spending the bank will contribute 0.1% for charity purposes to Islamic Relief Malaysia and MERCY Malaysia.
- Maybank Islamic Ikhwan Visa Infinite Card-i - This is a premium card that comes with exclusive golf, lounge and fine-dining privileges.
- Maybank Islamic PETRONAS Ikhwan Visa Platinum Card-i - A Shariah-based card that rewards cashback and platinum benefits when spending at PETRONAS Stations.
- Maybank Islamic PETRONAS Ikhwan Visa Gold Card-i - A Shariah-based card that rewards you with cashback when you spend at PETRONAS Stations.
- Maybank Islamic Ikhwan American Express Platinum Card-i - The card that earns you more TREATSPoints on your retail spending.
- Maybank Islamic Ikhwan American Express Gold Card-i - The card that earns you more TREATSPoints on your retail spending.
Supplementary cards are free for up to 4 supplementary cards. The 5th supplementary card will be charged RM400 p.a. for a premium card.
Fees and Charges
Fixed Monthly Management Charge (FMMC):
- Gold: RM7,500
- Platinum: RM15,000
Actual Monthly Management Charge (AMMC):
- For prompt payment of 12/12 months: 1.25% p.m. or 15% p.a.
- For prompt payment of 10/12 months: 1.42% p.m. or 17% p.a.
- For prompt payment less than 10/12 months: 1.50% p.m. or 18% p.a.
Service Fee: One-time fee of 5% on the cash withdrawal amount or minimum of RM18 per transaction, whichever is higher.
Management Charge: 18% p.a. on the outstanding balance of cash withdrawal. Cash withdrawal charges will be calculated on a daily basis.
- Principal cardholders: 21 years old to 65 years old
- Supplementary cardholders: 18 years old to 65 years old
Minimum Income Requirement:
- All Platinum credit cards: RM60,000 p.a.
- All Gold credit cards: RM30,000 p.a.
- Premium credit card: RM120,000 p.a.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the application to get an Islamic credit card:
- Copy of NRIC (both sides) or passport.
- Passport copy (both sides) of supplementary applicant.
- Latest BE Form with official tax receipt.
- Latest 3 months' salary slip or latest EPF statement.
Besides the ones stated above, different groups also have to furnish additional documents.
If you are self-employed:
- Copies of business registration.
- Latest 6 months' bank statement.
If you are an expatriate:
- Letter from your employer confirming duration of employment contract in Malaysia.
- You must be a Maybank account holder.
If you are a graduate:
- Copy of Degree Certificate/Professional Qualification.
- Employment letter OR 3 month salary slip.
If you are an existing cardholder:
- Copy of NRIC (both sides) or Passport, including that of supplementary applicant's.
- Copy of credit/charge card (both sides).
- Copy of latest card statement.
Balance Transfer Plan - Maybank Islamic Cards
Maybank Islamic cards offer a number of balance transfer plans varying in tenure and interest rates. Here is a snapshot of the plans on offer:
|BT Plan & Tenure||Interest Rate Offered||Minimum Transfer Amount|
|6 Months||0.50% p.m.||RM1,000|
|9 Months||0.75% p.m.||RM1,000|
|12 Months||0% p.m.||RM1,000|
|24 Months||0.375% p.m.||RM2,000|
|36 Months||0.413% p.m.||RM2,000|
How to Report a Lost Maybank Islamic Credit Card?
If your Maybank Islamic credit card is lost or stolen, call the following toll-free numbers and report it immediately.
- 03-2072 1373
- 1-800 883231
The lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If your Maybank Islamic credit card is lost or stolen abroad, call Maybank or report it to Visa or Mastercard Assistance Centres or their affiliates. Maybank American Express credit cardholders need to notify a Travel Service Office.
How to apply for a Maybank Islamic Credit Card?
Maybank Islamic credit cards can be applied for online at the Maybank website:
- Visit the website and choose “Credit Card” from the “Apply Online” list.
- Select “Islamic” as the type of card.
- Select preferred features like Cashback, Lifestyle and Travel. The default is set as all three categories selected.
- Specify your monthly income; all the credit cards a person with the specified income is eligible for appears below.
- Select a credit card and move on to the application process.
- Fill all the fields in the form. Make sure to provide correct information as per ID and address proof. The form requires around 10 minutes to fill up.
- Upload the copies of all the necessary documents and submit the application.
- The bank will notify their decision shortly via the contact details provided.
Maybank Islamic credit cards can also be applied for by physically visiting one of their 400 branches in Malaysia.
Maybank Islamic Credit Card Hotline Number
Contact form: Enquire about credit cards and a Maybank customer service executive will get in touch with you.
Phone: Call Maybank Customer Care hotline at 1800 889 559 anytime during the day, 7 days a week.
What is the credit limit I can get?
Ans. Card limit range from RM3,000 onwards, subject to your credit evaluation. It is not more than 2 times your monthly income, if your income is RM36,000 p.a. or less.
How does Maybank calculate rebate (Ibra’)?
Ans. The rebate (Ibra’) gets calculated based on the differences between Fixed Monthly Management Charges and Actual Monthly Management Charges and/or Actual Cash Withdrawal Management Charges at the relevant statement date.
What is the card replacement fee for Islamic credit cards?
Ans. Ringgit Malaysia Fifty (RM50.00) for each of the replacement card on one card account due to the lost or stolen card, card details disclosure to third party or request change of new card number.
What if I am late with my card payments?
Ans. You will be charged a late payment fee of 1% of the outstanding balance or a minimum of RM10 and a maximum of RM 100. Maybank reserves the right to set-off any credit balance in your account maintained with them against any outstanding balance in Islamic credit card account without assigning reason, by giving 7 calendar days prior notice to set off a credit balance.
What is the grace period for card payments?
Ans. Grace Period for retail transactions (not applicable to balance transfer or cash advances) is 20 days from the statement date, if you pay your balance in full and on time.
Other Products offered by Maybank Islamic:
Apart from offering Credit Card, Maybank Islamic offers other products and services which include:
- Maybank Islamic Personal Loan
- Maybank Islamic Home Loan
- Maybank Islamic Car Loan
- Maybank Islamic Fixed Deposit
- Cash vs Cards Payments Malaysia
- How to Find the Perfect Credit Card in Malaysia
- How to Improve your Credit Rating in Malaysia
- How to Increase Credit Limit in Your Credit Card
- How to Pick an Emergency Credit Card
- Student Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Supplementary Credit Cards in Malaysia
- When to Use Credit over Cash
- Shed the Excess Interest Rates
- Protecting One’s Credit Card While Travelling
- Defaulting Your Credit Card Bills in Malaysia?
- Top 5 Reasons Why Owning a Credit Card is Good for You
- How to improve your chances of having a credit card approved
- Credit Card fraud: Are you aware of it?
- Understand Credit Card interest free period
- Reward Credit cards Malaysia
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- What charges do you pay for when you swipe your card overseas
- Best Petrol Credit Cards In Malaysia
- Credit Cards for Employees in Malaysia
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for a Credit Card
News About Maybank Islamic Credit Card
Maybank Islamic is the Asia-Pacific Islamic Bank of the Year
Maybank Islamic Bhd which is the Malaysia’s largest bank was named as the Islamic Bank of the Year 2017 by The Banker. Maybank Islamic has been described as a set of remarkable performance indicators and coupled with a steady regional growth. Maybank Islamic was acknowledged for being in the top position among Shariah-compliant financiers. Another aspect that contributed for the recognition was the steady growth pace in Indonesia and Singapore.
27th June 2017