OCBC Al-Amin provides Shariah-compliant baking products and services for customers, including credit cards, debit cards, and takaful. The bank is currently offering one debit card which comes with many unique features and benefits.
List of OCBC A-Amin Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefits||Annual Fee||Daily Purchase Limit|
|OCBC Al-Amin Debit Card-i||
||RM8.||Up to RM5,000.|
|OCBC Al-Amin Premier Debit Card-i||
||RM8.||Up to RM5,000.|
Types of OCBC Islamic Debit Cards
- OCBC Al-Amin Debit Card-i: The bank has one debit card which is based on the Ujrah. The card can be used for Shariah-compliant products and services. With this card, you have the flexibility to set the daily limit as per your individual requirements.
- OCBC Al-Amin Premier Debit Card-i: The card lets you can gain access to 70 Premier centres in Southeast Asia. You can also use the card to pay bills, make purchases, and withdraw cash.
Features and Benefits of OCBC Islamic Debit Card
- You have the option to set your daily purchase limit, daily withdrawal limit, and daily fund transfer limit.
- You can activate Overseas and Card-Not-Present (CNP) Transactions on any orders when you need it.
- The card comes with a secure Chip & Pin technology.
- Get SMS alerts when you make a transaction or ATM withdrawal.
- Get one-time passwords for all online transactions.
- If you opt for Premier Debit Card-i, you can get access to 70+ Premier Centres across Southeast Asia.
Fees and Charges
|Card replacement Fee||RM12.|
|Domestic ATM withdrawal fee||
|MEPS Instant Transfer||
|International ATM Withdrawal Fee||Any ATM with Mastercard logo: RM10.|
|Sales Draft Retrieval Fee||
The debit card offered by OCBC Al-Amin is ideal if you are looking for a Shariah-compliant debit card for cashless transactions. Before opting for the card, it is advisable to go through the card’s Product Disclosure Sheet and Terms and Conditions.
Q. Is there a limit to set my daily withdrawal limit?
A. Yes. You may set your daily withdrawal limit up to a maximum of RM5,000.
Q. Can I make contactless purchases with this card?
A. Yes. You can make retail transactions by just tapping the card on a POS terminal which has a contactless reader. You won't have to provide your PIN for contactless transactions up to RM250.
Q. Will any fees be charges when I shop overseas using this card?
A. Yes. Overseas conversion fees is applicable for all transactions outside Malaysia. The conversion rates will be determined by Mastercard. You will also have to pay extra admin fees charged by Mastercard.
Q. Can I activate overseas transactions, and later opt out of it?
A. Yes. You can activate and deactivate overseas and CNP transactions as and when you want. For security reasons, overseas and CNP transactions will be blocked for your card.
Q. I don't want a purchase function on my card. What should I do?
A. If you don't want the purchase function, you can set the Daily Purchase Limit to RM0.