Civil Servant Personal Loans are offered to public servants and employees at government linked companies (GLC). These loans are provided at low profit rates and salary is automatically deducted for payment of the loans.
List of Banks that offer Personal Loan for Government Employees
The following banks offer Civil Servant/GLC Personal Loan in Malaysia:
- Bank Rakyat: This bank offers Personal Financing-i Civil Servant or Rakan Pintar that is specially tailored to cater to the needs of public servants. The loan offers lower profit rates along with other added benefits.
- RHB Islamic Bank: This bank offers personal financing to the civil servants at an affordable rate starting from 4.50% p.a.
- Public Islamic Bank: This bank offers unsecured Shariah-compliant personal financing products to government employees.
Features and Benefits
The following are the features and benefits of the Civil Servant Personal Loan:
- You do not need a guarantor for the loan.
- You can enjoy hassle-free payment option through Biro Angkasa.
- The financing tenure of the loan is 10 years.
- The profit rates of the loan varies from fixed or floating.
- You can enjoy affordable financing options.
|Time Period||Profit Rate|
|0 to 36 months||Base Rate + 2.31%|
|Over 36 months to 10 years||Base Rate + 2.94%|
- Bank Rakyat’s Public Sector Personal Loan offers a flat profit rate starting from 3.26% p.a. going up to 6.53% p.a.
- RHB Personal Financing-i for Civil Sector has a flat profit rate starting from 4.50% p.a.
- Public Islamic Bank BAE Personal Financing-i has a profit rate pegged to the Base Rate (BR). The profit rate received will depend on the loan amount approved and tenure chosen.
Fees and Charges
|Name of fee||Charges|
|Stamp duty fee||0.5% of the total financing.|
|Late payment fee||1% p.a. of the total outstanding amount.|
|Agency fee||RM30.00 (6% GST included).|
- You should be a Malaysian citizen.
- The minimum age criteria is 18 years and the maximum age criteria is 60 years at the end of the financing tenure.
- The minimum fixed monthly income has to be RM1,000 inclusive of any fixed allowances.
- You should be a public sector employee or selected GLC employee.
- You should be in service for least three months.
What documents do I need to prepare for Civil Servant Personal Loan
You need to produce the following documents when you are applying for Civil Servant Personal Loan:
- A copy of MyKad.
- Payslips for the last three consecutive months.
- Last three months bank statements of salary crediting account.
- Confirmation letter from your employer/EA form.
How to Apply for Civil Servant Personal Loan?
- Visit the nearest branch where the bank staffs will help you.
- Download and fill up the online application form from the website. The bank representative will contact you with your request.
Q. What is the brokerage fee for Personal Financing-i that is offered to government servant by RHB Islamic Bank?
A. The brokerage fee is RM30.00 per application.
Q. What do I need to do if there are changes to my contact details?
A. If there are any changes in your contact details, please inform the bank to ensure that all
The correspondences reach you on time.
Q. What if I fully settle the financing prior to the agreed settlement period?
A. The Bank will offer lesser Ibra’ on the remaining unearned profit. The Ibra’ at settlement is calculated by:
Deferred profit - Early settlement charges - Reduction of Ibra’
Q. What are some of the major risks that the government employees face?
A. For government employees or civil servants, the monthly payment is deducted directly from their salary account. For those who want to go for early settlement of the loan, a certain period of processing time is required to stop the deduction from the salary account.
Hence, you are advised to properly plan your time to make early settlement, failing which it may result in over deduction of the salary account.
Q. What is the minimum gross salary required to be eligible for BAE Personal Financing-i?
A. A civil servant must earn at least RM1,500 per month to be eligible for BAE Personal Financing-i.