Public Bank Debit Card comes with a wide array of choices for you to select from to best suit your needs. The cards provide you with easy access to cash and a convenient way to make payments for retail transactions while helping you keep a track of your expenses via monthly statements.
List of Public Bank Debit Card
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card||You can earn a rebate of RM10 per month and an interest rate of 0.5% on PB UnionPay savings account. You can also get up to 10% discount at more than 100 Airport Duty Free Shops.||RM8.48.||RM10,000.|
|PB MasterCard Lifestyle Debit Card||The card can be used for online transactions and payments. The debit card is accepted worldwide for all kinds of purchases.||RM8.48.||RM10,000.|
|PB TARC MasterCard Debit Card||You can get immediate access to your cash through this student-centred debit card. The card also comes with free-for-life card membership.||Waived.||RM10,000.|
|PB Visa Lifestyle Debit Card||The card can be used for easy cash access, online transactions and payments all around the world.||RM8.48.||RM10,000.|
|PB UTAR MasterCard Debit Card||The student-friendly card is free for life and lets you access cash all around the world while letting you track your expenses with the help of monthly statements.||Waived.||RM10,000.|
|PB-Petron Visa Debit Card||The card comes with a cash rebate of 0.5% on fuel as well as non-fuel purchases at Petron service stations.||Waived.||RM10,000.|
|PB Visa Electron Debit Card||You can use the card to get easy access to your cash. You can also earn interest on your credit balance.||Principal Card: RM25.44. Supplementary card: 12.72.||RM10,000.|
Types of Public Bank Debit Card
The types of Public Bank Debit Card are listed below:
- PB UnionPay Lifestyle Debit Card
- PB MasterCard Lifestyle Debit Card
- PB Visa Lifestyle Debit Card
- PB TARC MasterCard Debit Card
- PB UTAR MasterCard Debit Card
- PB-Petron Visa Debit Card
- PB Visa Electron Debit Card
Features and Benefits of Public Bank Debit Card
The features and benefits associated with Public Bank Debit Card are as follows:
- The debit card can be used for easy access of your cash.
- The card can also be used for retail transactions and online purchases.
- You can keep a track of your expenses via the monthly statements with your Public Bank Debit Card.
- You can earn rebate or interest with a range of Public Bank debit cards.
Public Bank Debit Card Promotions 2018
- You can enjoy up to 15% discount on the total food bill at Eastern and Oriental Hotel, Penang. This is an ongoing offer and is valid till 31 December 2018.
- You can get up to 10% off with no minimum spend if you shop at Hermo if you make the payment using your Public Bank Debit Card. The offer is valid till 31 December 2018.
- You can get up to 10% off on the purchases made at Legend of Tea using your Public Bank Debit Card. This offer is valid till 31 December 2018.
Public Bank Debit Card Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Public Bank Debit Card are given below:
- Minimum age requirement for PB TARC/UTAR MasterCard Debit Card: 12 years.
- Minimum age requirement for other debit cards: 18 years.
Documents Required for Public Bank Debit Card
- For fixed-salary earners:
- Pay slip of the recent month, or
- Latest EPF or EA statement, or
- Confirmation letter from the employer.
- For self-employed individuals:
- CASA statement (for individuals) or CASA statement of the company (for directors of the company).
- Tax receipts or tax returns for the latest year.
- For variable income earners:
- Commission statement or vouchers, overtime reflected as payslips, fee statements or vouchers for the most recent 6 months.
- Interest statements and dividend statements for the 3 recent months.
- For overseas income earners:
- Employment letter from the employer.
- Salary slips for the most recent 3 months.
- Notice of assessment for the latest 2 years (only for Singapore).
- Any other income earners:
- Tenancy agreements, or
- Pension vouchers or statements, or
- Annuities statements.
Public Bank Debit Card Fees and Charges
The fees and charges associated with Public Bank Debit Card are mentioned in the table below:
|Type of fee||Fee details|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee (PB Visa/UnionPay/MasterCard Lifestyle Debit Card)||At Public Bank ATMs: No charge.|
|At Non-Public Bank ATMs: RM1.06 to RM10.60.|
|Cash Withdrawal Fee (Other debit cards)||At Public Bank ATMs: No charge.|
|At Non-Public Bank ATMs: RM10.60.|
|Card Replacement Fee (PB Visa/UnionPay/MasterCard Lifestyle Debit Card)||RM12.00 per replacement.|
|Card Replacement Fee (Other debit cards)||RM10.00 per replacement.|
Public Bank Debit Card Customer Care/Hotline Number
You can contact Public Bank through the customer service numbers 603-2179 9999 and 603-2176 8000 in order to get more information about Public Bank Debit Card.
Public Bank Debit Card FAQs
Q. What kind of documents are required for application process of PB UTAR MasterCard Debit Card?
A. The applicants who are 12-18 years old need to get the application form signed by one of their guardians/parents after duly filling it.
Q. What should I do in the case of lost/stolen Public Bank debit card?
A. You should contact Public Bank at the earliest with the report of a lost or stolen card via its customer service numbers 603-2179 5000 and 603-2176 8555.
Q. What should I do if I forget the PIN of my Public Bank Debit Card?
A. You are required to visit the nearest Public Bank branch and get your card replaced.
Q. Can I use my debit card to withdraw cash overseas?
A. Yes, you can use your debit card to access cash overseas.
Q. What if I accidentally enter a wrong PIN while using my debit card?
A. You will be given 3 attempts to enter the correct PIN. Failing to do the same will result into the blocking of the card. In such a case, you are required to visit the nearest Public Bank branch and get your card replaced with a new card.