Overview of RHB Credit Cards
RHB Banking Group specialises in group retail banking, transaction banking, group Shariah business, group business banking, corporate banking, and group wholesale banking. RHB has a broad range of credit cards that are specially designed for different types of customers. You can get great privileges and reward points with RHB credit cards.
Features and Benefits of RHB Credit Cards
These are the key features of RHB credit cards:
- The annual fees for RHB credit cards are waived for full life. This includes both primary and supplementary cards.
- You will get amazing reward points when you spend on dining, retail, airlines, and duty-free purchases.
- RHB credit cards give lounge privileges, travel privileges, and golf privileges.
- RHB credit cards come with evergreen reward points. These are reward points that do not expire.
- You will have to make a minimum monthly payment of 5% of your due amount.
Why Choose Credit Cards from RHB Bank?
Let us discuss why you should choose credit cards from RHB Bank:
- You will get access to plush lounges of airports.
- You can play golf at some of the finest golf courses.
- You will get cashback when you use your RHB credit card to pay your dining bill, travel bill or fuel bill.
- You will get cashback even when you use your card for your entertainment, shopping, and online purchases.
Types of RHB Credit Cards
These are the types of credit cards offered by RHB Banking Group:
- RHB Premier Visa Infinite Credit Card
- RHB EVO Card
- RHB Classic Card
- RHB Platinum Credit Card
- RHB Tesco-RHB
- RHB Platinum Business Credit Card
- RHB Signature Credit Card
- MyEG-RHB Credit Card
- RHB Tesco-RHB
- RHB Visa Infinite Credit Card
- RHB World MasterCard Credit Card
- RHB Smart Value Credit Card
- SOGO-RHB Credit Card
RHB Banking Group provides supplementary credit cards along with primary cards if you need it. These cards carry the benefits of the principal credit card. Your immediate family members can enjoy the features of this card.
Prepaid cards offered by RHB Banking Group
RHB provides prepaid cards to its patrons. These cards are designed to meet your specific needs. You can choose from the 2 prepaid cards offered by the banking group. Let us take a look at the 2 prepaid cards:
1. SOGO-RHB Prepaid Card
These are the features of the card:
- You can use this card instead of cash to make all kinds of payments.
- This card is accepted everywhere in the world.
- There is no minimum income requirement for availing this card.
- With this prepaid card, you can make purchases and then earn special points.
- The best part about this card is that you do not have to pay any monthly fee or late payment fees on this card.
- If you want to reload funds to this prepaid card, you do not have to pay any fees.
- You will have to pay an annual fee of RM25.44.
- If you use a Visa or MasterCard, you will have to pay RM8.48 whenever you withdraw.
2. RHB Prepaid Card
Let us discuss the features of this card:
- This card can be used to purchase all goods and services. You can replace cash with this card.
- This card is accepted across the whole globe.
- You do not have to earn any minimum income to apply for this card.
- You do not have to worry about monthly fees or late payment fees or reload fees.
- The annual fee for this card is RM25.44. It includes 6% of Goods and Service Tax.
Fees and Charges
These are the fees and charges for RHB credit cards:
- You will have to pay 5% of your unsettled amount as your minimum monthly payment amount.
- You are required to pay 1% of your due amount as a late payment fee.
- You will have to pay 5.3% of the amount you withdraw as a cash withdrawal fee.
- You can withdraw up to RM5,000 every day.
Let us take a look at the eligibility criteria for RHB credit cards:
- To apply for a primary credit card, the minimum age limit is 21 years.
- To apply for a supplementary credit card, the minimum age limit is 18 years.
- To apply for RHB Visa Infinite Credit Card, your annual income should be at least RM150,000.
- To apply for RHB Platinum Credit Card, your annual income should be at least RM60,000.
- To apply for RHB Visa Signature Credit Card and RHB World MasterCard Credit Card, your annual income should be at least RM100,000.
- If you want to apply for Tesco RHB Visa, RHB Travel Money, RHB Classic, MyEG-RHB, RHB EVO credit cards, you will need a minimum income of RM24,000.
These are the documents required to apply for RHB credit cards:
For a salaried individual working in an MNC or a government-linked company or a public listed company
- One copy of your MyKad (2 sides).
- Your most recent EPF statement OR your most recent payslip and bank statement.
- You will have to fill the Shariah compliance checklist to apply for an Islamic credit card.
For self-employed individuals
- One copy of your MyKad (2 sides).
- If you are an owner of a private limited company, you need to submit Form 9, 24, and 49.
- Most recent Form B with your tax receipt.
- Registration certificate of your business.
- You will have to submit the Shariah compliance checklist to get an Islamic credit card.
For foreign nationals who are working in Malaysia
- Copy of your passport.
- Your most recent salary slip and bank statement.
- Your work permit which has been applicable for a minimum of 6 months before you apply for the card.
- Your employment letter.
Balance Transfer Plan of RHB credit cards
RHB Banking Group has a programme known as Smart Balance Move Transfer. It allows you to move your balances of other credit cards and charge cards to your RHB credit card. You can enjoy amazing savings at low interest rates. This programme allows you to make repayments in installments. You can make installments for up to 24 months.
RHB Credit Card Reward Redemption Process
RHB credit cards come with exclusive rewards that give you many privileges. You can redeem these reward points online by checking out the catalogue available on the bank’s official website. You can choose from the different categories and redeem your rewards.
How to Report a lost RHB Credit Card
If you lose your RHB credit card, you can call 03-9206 8118 to get assistance.
How to apply for RHB credit cards
You can apply for RHB credit card online or by calling the customer care centre or by meeting a representative at your nearest bank branch.
RHB credit card hotline number
What is the minimum monthly amount for RHB cards?
Ans. You will have to pay 5% of your outstanding amount as your minimum monthly amount.
Do I get higher reward points when I make overseas transactions?
Ans. Yes, you will get up to 8 times reward points when you shop for products and services overseas.
Can I select my own card PIN for RHB cards?
Ans. Yes, you can choose the card PIN you prefer by using the RHB internet banking facility.
Click here for all RHB Credit Card Promotions
Other Products offered by RHB:
Apart from offering Credit Card, RHB offers other products and services which include:
- RHB Personal Loan
- RHB Home Loan
- RHB Renovation Loan
- RHB ASB Loan
- RHB Car Loan
- RHB Fixed Deposit
- RHB Car Insurance
- RHB Insurance
- Cash vs Cards Payments Malaysia
- How to Find the Perfect Credit Card in Malaysia
- How to Improve your Credit Rating in Malaysia
- How to Increase Credit Limit in Your Credit Card
- How to Pick an Emergency Credit Card
- Student Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Supplementary Credit Cards in Malaysia
- When to Use Credit over Cash
- Shed the Excess Interest Rates
- Protecting One’s Credit Card While Travelling
- Defaulting Your Credit Card Bills in Malaysia?
- Top 5 Reasons Why Owning a Credit Card is Good for You
- How to improve your chances of having a credit card approved
- Credit Card fraud: Are you aware of it?
- Understand Credit Card interest free period
- Reward Credit cards Malaysia
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- What charges do you pay for when you swipe your card overseas
- Best Petrol Credit Cards In Malaysia
- Credit Cards for Employees in Malaysia
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for a Credit Card
News About RHB Credit Card
RHB joins Funding Societies Malaysia
RHB Banking Group has joined a P2P financing platform, Funding Societies Malaysia. The partnership has been formed to expand funding opportunities for the small and medium scale enterprises in the country. The RHB’s SME business has been growing at a compound annual growth rate of 17% p.a. from 2014- 2016. A substantial amount of resources will be devoted to focus on the growing SME customer base. RHB has partnered with Funding Societies Malaysia as they gave the expertise in providing a platform for the SMEs to borrow money from the investors. RHB will be providing trustee services for investors, banking services, and Know Your Customer services. Funding Societies Malaysia is working with MTB to ensure that the investor’s funds are safe. MTB will be performing checks on SMEs to verify the destination of funds and if they are channelled for the right use.
19th April 2017
RHB Strategizes to Contribute More on Domestic Loans by the End of the Decade
RHB Group Bhd’s retail banking division, being the bank has put a target in place for growing their total domestic loan contribution to a whopping 55% by the year, 2020. Domestic loans are Malaysian loans and are asked of business units, which can be anything from a retail store to large multinational corporations.
U Chen Hock, Executive Director, RHB Bank Bhd, in an interview mentioned that the growth target is said to be achieved with the help of the group’s balance sheet expansion as against reducing it from business contributions.
Last year, the group’s retail banking division’s base for total domestic loan was at 49.6%. This is driven by the fact that the retail banking division is determined to contribute to the group. As of now, RHB group retail banking make a contribution of approximately, 40% of the group’s revenue.
10th August 2016
RHB Bank Launches Private Equity Fund in Partnership with NY Investment Firm
RHB Asset Management (RHB AM) which is the asset managing company for RHB Group Holdings, is in a strategic partnership with Neuberger Berman (NB) an investment firm based out of New York for the launch of a multi-strategy private equity fund. This will be overseen by NB and it is the first of its type in Asia.
The Malaysian Bank, made a statement in which it was quoted saying that the fund, RHB Private Equity Opportunity Fund 1 enables investors an opportunity to make an entrance and participate in the global private equity investments. The fund is mainly targeted in the US along with Europe, allowing for investors to enjoy a scope to make an international investment.
Last week, RHB signed an agreement for strategic partnership with NB, which is a private, independent global investment firm owned by its own employees with RM 991.1 billion worth of assets under the management as on March 31.
2nd August 2016
RHB cuts base rate to 3.80 percent
RHB group has reduced their base rate from 3.90% to 3.80% per annum. The RHB Bank and RHB Islamic Bank have reduced the base financing rate to 6.75% from 6.85% per annum. This rate revision will spur an agile financial environment. This will also promote domestic demand and boost economic growth. This will also ease the financial burden of customers. The rate revision is in line with the Bank Negara Malaysia’s decision to reduce the overnight policy rate. Bank Negara Malaysia recently lowered the overnight policy rate from 3.25% to 3%.
27th July 2016
New Appointment of CEO and MD for RHB Malaysia
RHB Banking Group in Malaysia has appointed Datuk Adissadikin Ali as the new MD and CEO of RHB Islamic and Head, Group Shariah Business. This position was earlier held by Ibrahim Hassan. The appointment will be implemented on August 1 of this year. This appointment has been made to advocate the growth in the company’s Shariah business, to make it one of the leading Islamic banking companies in Malaysia, based on a statement by the bank.
Group Shariah Business is one of the key players of RHB Banking Group’s growth areas under the brand’s IGNITE 2017 transformation programme. Adissadikin comes with an experience of over 21 years in the field and was earlier the CEO of Prior to joining RHMB Banking Group, Adissadikin was the CEO of Alkhair International Islamic Bank Bhd since June 1, 2015. Prior to that he was the President and CEO of Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Bhd (EXIM) from October 2010 to May 2015.
14th July 2016
RHB Capital Looks Forward to Strong Growth and Profitability despite Moderate Growth in Malaysian Economy
RHB Capital Bhd has a positive outlook for growth and profitability in the coming year despite the moderate economic growth of Malaysia.
Datuk Khairussaleh Ramli, RHB Bank’s group managing director said that the bank plans to maintain the quality of the bank’s sound assets and is focussed on bringing about operational efficiency. The internal reorganisation coupled with the completion of its rights issues which are expected to be completed by first quarter of 2016 will bring about a strengthening of its capital position and allow for continuous growth. The price per rights shares is set at RM4.82
As part of its internal reorganisation plan, RHB Capital plans on transferring certain assets and liabilities of its units, including equity interest to RHB Bank.
RHB Capital posted a lower net profit of RM194.53 million in the third quarter financial period as compared to the corresponding period last year. Its revenue also saw a fall in the third quarter as compared to the previous year and attributed the low profit and revenue to higher impairment on loans, lower trading income and rising operational costs.
03rd December 2015