Overview of UOB Credit Cards
UOB offers an amazing variety of credit cards that come with many unique benefits. You can use a UOB credit card to receive excellent savings on all kinds of purchases. You will also receive cash rebates and you can select any rebate category.
Features and Benefits UOB Credit Cards
Let us take a look at the features and benefits of UOB credit cards:
- UOB credit cards allow you to transfer balances from other credit cards.
- UOB credit cards come with AutoPay bill features. Your bills will get paid automatically and you will not have to make payments manually every month. This will also help you to avoid any late payment issues.
- UOB has a Flexi Credit Plan. In this plan, you can choose tenures that go on up to 24 months.
- You can pay for your purchases in monthly installments.
- If you need to buy something very desperately, you do not have to stop yourself. You can buy the product or service and pay in installments. This option allows you to make payments at 0% interest.
Why Choose Credit Cards from UOB?
Let us discuss why you should go for a credit card from UOB:
- UOB credit cards have great features that make transactions convenient and quick.
- UOB credit cards allow you to shop on UOB InStore that offer products at special discounts.
- You can increase your credit limit on these cards without any hassles.
- Whenever you use your UOB credit card, you will receive rebates automatically and you can redeem them on your next transaction.
- UOB gives exclusive reward points for every Ringgit spent.
- You can also enjoy access to the most exotic and luxurious lounges at airports in different countries.
- You will get tailor-made privileges on dining, travel, healthcare, leisure, and retail shopping.
- You can get insurance protection in case of unforeseen situations with the help of UOB Credit Shield. You will be required to pay a very low premium on this coverage.
Types of Credit Cards
Let us take a look at the types of credit cards offered by UOB:
- UOB Infinite Card
- UOB Lady's Classic Card
- UOB Lady's Solitaire Card
- UOB Preferred Platinum
- UOB ONE Card Classic
- UOB VOX Card
- UOB ONE Card Platinum
You can give a wonderful gift to your loved ones by offering them a UOB supplementary card. You can let them enjoy all the benefits that you enjoy by providing them with a supplementary card. This card can be given to all your loved ones including your parents, children, partner, spouse, or siblings.
Prepaid Cards from UOB
UOB provides debit cards that are already prepaid. Whenever you make a purchase, the amount will automatically get reduced from your account. Your spending limit will be determined by the funds you have in your account. These cards also provide special privileges for different categories of purchases such as travel, dining, retail, leisure, etc.
To get a UOB debit card, you will have to be at least 16 years old with a UOB savings or current account. There is no minimum income required to apply for this card.
These are the types of debit or prepaid cards provided by UOB:
- UOB Debit Card
- UOB Direct Visa Debit Card
- UOB Delight Debit Card
- UOB Lady’s Debit Card
Fees and Charges
These are the fees and charges to be paid for UOB credit cards:
- The annual fee for some credit cards is waived when you spend a minimum amount annually. The annual minimum spending amount required for waiver ranges from RM30,000 to RM50,000.
- The annual fee for all UOB credit cards ranges from RM76 to RM636.
- The annual fee for most supplementary cards is RM31.8.
- You will have to pay 5% of your due balance or RM50, whichever is higher, as your minimum monthly payment.
These are the eligibility criteria for UOB credit cards:
- To apply for a primary credit card, you should be at least 21 years old.
- To apply for a supplementary card, you should be at least 18 years old.
- You should be a Malaysian citizen or an expatriate in Malaysia.
- The minimum income requirement differs for different credit cards.
You will have to submit the following to apply for a UOB credit card:
- A copy of your NRIC or passport (2 sides)
- Your income documents
For a supplementary card, the applicant will need to submit a copy of their NRIC or passport.
Balance transfer programme of UOB
If you are looking to make high savings, you can move your balances from credit cards of other banks to your UOB credit card. You can repay your balances at low interest rates within 18 months. You may pay a fixed amount every month or different amounts every month.
UOB Credit Card Reward Redemption Process
Whenever you swipe your UOB credit card for purchases, you will gain rewards. After collecting your rewards, you can choose your reward category and enter your reward points and redeem them accordingly. UOB allows you to redeem your points online. You will have to download and fill the redemption form.
How to Report a lost UOB Credit Card?
In case your UOB credit card gets lost or stolen, you can call 603-2612 8100.
How to apply for a UOB Credit Card?
You can apply for a UOB credit card by applying online or by calling the UOB call centre or by taking help from a representative at your nearest UOB bank branch.
UOB Credit Card Hotline Number
You can contact the 24-hour UOB call centre:
- Kuala Lumpur: +6 03-26128 121
- Penang: +6 04-2401 121
- Johor Bahru: +6 07-2881 121
- Kuching: +6 082-287 121
- Kota Kinabalu: +6 088-477 121
Are utility bills and government transactions included for accumulating cash rebates?
Ans. No, UOB credit cards do not allow cash withdrawals, annual fees, utility bills, and government transactions to be included for accumulating cash rebates.
- What is the late payment charge for UOB credit cards?
Ans. The late payment charge for UOB credit cards is 1% of your unsettled balance or a minimum of RM10, whichever is higher.
- What is the interest rate for UOB credit cards?
Ans. The interest rate for UOB credit cards ranges from 15% to 18%.
- Which UOB card should I take to earn the highest miles?
Ans. You can go for the UOB PRVI Miles credit card to earn miles with some of the best airline companies.
|Read More on UOB Credit Shield|
Other Products from UOB
- Cash vs Cards Payments Malaysia
- How to Find the Perfect Credit Card in Malaysia
- How to Improve your Credit Rating in Malaysia
- How to Increase Credit Limit in Your Credit Card
- How to Pick an Emergency Credit Card
- Student Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Supplementary Credit Cards in Malaysia
- When to Use Credit over Cash
- Shed the Excess Interest Rates
- Protecting One’s Credit Card While Travelling
- Defaulting Your Credit Card Bills in Malaysia?
- Top 5 Reasons Why Owning a Credit Card is Good for You
- How to improve your chances of having a credit card approved
- Credit Card fraud: Are you aware of it?
- Understand Credit Card interest free period
- Reward Credit cards Malaysia
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- What charges do you pay for when you swipe your card overseas
- Best Petrol Credit Cards In Malaysia
- Credit Cards for Employees in Malaysia
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for a Credit Card
News About UOB Credit Card
Virtual payment scheme by UOB will be available for local businesses
United Overseas Bank (UOB), has launched a virtual payment scheme for local businesses to help them manage their cashflow better. The scheme functions like a credit card. It enables small and medium businesses to pay immediately while the company buying the product will get interest-free credit for as long as 90 days.
The first company to use UOB virtual payment in Southeast Asia is NEC Asia Pacific. The company along with its 18 SME suppliers will be a part of the trial period. Using the virtual payment option, NEC APAC has brought down the processing time from 60 days to fewer than seven days within which invoices are being received.
Finance director of NEC APAC, Sandra Kwok said that the company has received a good feedback about the scheme from their employees as well as their suppliers. The scheme has enabled them to pay with a credit card if their suppliers do not accept this form of payment. This has helped their finance team in cutting down the time spent on deciding the payment. It has also minimized the number of human errors as the process is largely done via computers she said.
15th March 2017
UOB Looking to Increase Credit Card Base in Malaysia
UOB (United Overseas Bank Bhd) is looking to grow its debit and credit cards base by 13%. In the coming 4 years, the bank also aiming to increase its billings by 14%.
Targeting the affluent in Malaysia, the MD and Personal Finance Services Country Head of UOB, Ronnie Lim said that the bank has strategically partnered with travel brands like Singapore Airlines, Kaligo and Expedia to strengthen travel-based offers to their cardholders.
UOB conducted a survey of affluent consumers in 2016 and found that 9 out of 10 well-to-do Malaysians travel to foreign shores at least once annually. Lim believes that the wealthy section of UOB’s customers want services that match up to their lifestyle requirements, with travel being one of them.
UOB card members can receive up to 60,000 KrisFlyer miles on spending RM750 in a single expense. The miles are redeemable for round-trip tickets to the US, Europe, Australia, South Korea or Japan. The bank is also offering 10 million KrisFlyer miles till the 31st of January, 2017, which can be redeemed SilkAir flights.
9th January 2017
5% cashback from UOB when you spend in foreign currency
UOB bank which is one of the most popular banks in Malaysia has launched an offer for its credit card holders. The promotional offer is valid from November 16th 2015 to January 31st 2016. The offer enables UOB cardholders to earn a cashback of 5% every time they swipe their UOB credit cards to spend money in foreign currency.
The following currencies are the ones that are eligible for this offer –
• Australian Dollar
• British Pound
• US Dollar
• Singapore Dollar
• Thai Baht
To qualify for the above promotion, customers are required to register for the same. Registration can be made via messaging the credit card or debit card number to 66300 or by following the steps in the SMS received by select UOB customers regarding this promotional offer.
30th November 2015