Overview of UOB Credit Cards
UOB as financial institution recognizes the needs of every individual based on their distinctive lifestyle. Hence they offer a wide range of credit card options with various features and privileges based on ca consumer’s lifestyle. Each of these credit cards provide the consumer special privileges as well as rewards to meet different preferences and needs.
The United Chinese Bank was established in 1935, and was later renamed to United Overseas Bank (UOB), as it called today. With an experience of 79 years, the bank is currently one of the most recognized financial institutions in Asia. The subsidiary of UOB was established in the year 1993. UOB Malaysia offers a large umbrella of products that include investment banking, credit lending, loans, insurance and asset management.
Why choose United Overseas Bank
The credit cards offered by United Overseas Bank ensure that what customers is not just a traditional credit card. What it offers are cards that do more than just offer a credit limit. They offer easy payment plans that allow big purchases to be converted into instalments that are easy to pay. They also offer cards with which the annual or monthly fee can be waived off under certain circumstances. They also offer an element of exclusivity which translates into the various privileges like priority access at airport queues, lounge access and more.
Features and Benefits of UOB Credit Card
UOB offers a wide range of features and benefits to their customers. Some of the features that are common to all the credit cards include:
- UOB Credit cards come with Flexi Pay, where consumers can convert their purchases to into installment payment plans with a one-time interest payment of only 2%. Any purchase over RM500 is eligible for this conversion through the credit card and the installment tenure range from 6, 12 to 18 months.
- The UOB balance transfer feature allows consumers to save on their credit card balance that is outstanding. Interest rates are as low as 7.77% for balance transfer or Fixed-Pay Balance Transfer with an interest of 3.3%.
- Cash Back feature for the credit cards entitle customers to receive 0.03% cashback on retail purchases and 5% cashback on purchase made online except for utility bills, insurance and government bill payments. The UOB SMART$ Programme offers higher rebate of upto 10% cashback.
- The flexibility in the choices of credit card also offers a variation of annual fees payable for the services. Some cards come with annual fees as low as RM 6.
- The application process is simple and hassle-free with little documentation requirements and quick processing time. The terms and conditions are comparatively relaxed.
- The customer service for UOB credit cards are highly efficient and are accessible round the clock through their special dedicated hotline.
- UOB Credit Card Cash Advance feature offered at only 5% of the sum withdrawn for each Cash Advance transaction and a finance charge of only 18% per year, making it easy for availing cash anytime, anywhere.
UOB Credit Card Eligibility
There are certain minor eligibility criterias for the consumer to be able to apply for a UOB credit card:
- Individual should be above the age of 21 years of age, to use the credit card.
- The supplementary credit card holder, must be above the age of 18 years to be able to use the card.
- Malaysian citizens and expatriates in Malaysia can apply for the credit card.
- Minimum Annual income is required for credit card application, but it varies on the credit card plan an individual chooses.
- Minimal documentation is required such as ID proof, proof of income, etc
UOB Credit Card Promotion
Promo Name: Exclusive deals with UOB Credit Card
Runtime: March 1, 2015 to February 28, 2016
Participating Credit Cards: All UOB Credit Cards
Particulars: This promotional offer rewards you with discounts or freebies when using your card for shopping, dining, travel or wellness related services and/or products.
Click here for all UOB Credit Card Promotions
UOB Credit Card Rewards Redemption
Get rewarded with special freebies and discounts with the points accumulated on your credit card. This action can be performed on the UOB Bank online portal. You simply need to choose the product and fill up the UOB Credit Card Rewards Redemption Form and receive fabulous freebies. The redemption form is available from the bank website online.
UOB Credit Card Hotline
There are dedicated UOB Credit Card Hotline numbers based on the city you want to call in:
- Kuala Lumpur: +6 03-26128 121
- Penang: +6 04-2401 121
- Johor Bahru: +6 07-2881 121
- Kuching: +6 082-287 121
- Kota Kinabalu: +6 088-477 121
You can also call :
- Credit Card Activation: 603-2612 8123
- Credit Card Application Status Enquiry: 603-2612 8101
- Credit Card Application Status Enquiry: 603-2612 8101
UOB Pin & Pay
This is a huge change in the banking system in Malaysia, where the signature of a customer is being replace with a 6 digit number called the PIN (Personal Identification Number). This PIN will be used and activated in full form by July 1, 2017. This is going to make life easier for most users. Let us find out how and what must be done, as a customer of UOB Bank.
UOB Flexi Credit Plan
Having trouble with bill payments. Looking for a cheaper and more convenient option? Maybe, UOB Flexi Plan is the ultimate idea for you. This Flexi Plan basically allows you to make repayment at lower rates. Here is more on why you should consider it.
UOB Credit Shield
The Credit Shield from UOB s a comprehensive insurance plan that covers any outstanding financial obligations on the UOB card in case the cardholder is diagnosed with any one of the 36 critical illnesses, has been totally disabled either permanently or temporarily or has met their demise. It helps prevent the financial burden from passing over to the cardholder’s family. The features of the UOB Credit shield are as follows
|Read More on UOB Credit Shield|
UOB AutoPay Bill
Life gets a little easier when you do not have to make online bill payments every month for anything and instead have it automated to be paid through your credit card every month. UOB auto pay bill allows you to do such a thing, with some of your important bills. While you have to only a little careful about maintaining a balance or credit limit in your account, for the bill payments every month, everything else is taken care of.
Not only do you have to sadden yourself looking at the monthly bill, but also drag yourself to a minimum of the computer and make the payments, which is now being taken care off with UOB AutoPay BIll.
Benefits of UOB AutoPay Bill
The major benefits of this feature include:
- The customer always is able to pay their bill on time which means:
- No late payment fees
- Excellent credit score,
- Peace of mind
- He or she does not have stand in queues and waste your time and energy on bill payments.
- He or she does not have to worry for the bill and run around to make the payments.
Eligibility for UOB AutoPay Bill
This feature is available to the following:
- Any UOB card holder with an existing or new membership with the same.
- He or she must be the primary cardholder.
- Cardholders whose account are in good condition and has substantial credit limit available to be able to apply for this plan.
How to Apply for UOB AutoPay Bill
Applying for the UOB AutoPay Bill is easy:
- Fill in the application form available at the UOB Malaysia website.
- You need to attach the latest paid bill or at least a receipt with the applicant’s name, name and account or customer reference number.
UOB Credit Limit Increase
UOB now, gives you the advantage of increasing your credit limit permanently or temporarily, based on your needs and that too with no hassles at all. This allows you to make the most of your credit card and never fall short of money when you actually need it. It is perfect for controlling your expenses if you get a temporary credit limit and a permanent credit limit increase if you can afford it with higher income.
Temporary Option: This allows you to increase it for 30 days and is perfect to deal with emergencies or if you need extra money.
Permanent Option: When your income increases, you can surely make more use of your credit card which also increases your purchasing power.
Why Use UOB Credit Limit Increase
- You have the flexibility to permanently or temporarily increase your credit limit based on your requirements.
- It is hassle-free and gives you the maximum comfort and advantage of your credit card.
How to Apply For UOB Credit Limit Increase
- You need to call UOB’s 24-hour Call Centre and lodge a request for the Permanent or Temporary Line Adjustment.
- You would also need to fax your last 3 income documents to the bank.
It is essential to remember that the increase of your credit limit decision lies solely on the bank. You can also reduce your credit limit, for which you need to call the UOB Call centre.
UOB Easi-Payment Plan
UOB has a new Easi-Payment Plan feature that allows you to make purchases for single receipts which are over RM 500 into a monthly repayment plan. All you have to do is pay a 2% upfront interest fee. This is how the rates go for the credit limit increase plan.
|Upfront Interest||Tenure||Minimum Amount|
|3%||12 months||RM 500|
UOB Credit Cards – FAQ’s
Q. What is the interest rate charged on these cards?
A. The interest rate charged on these cards can range from 15% per annum to 18% per annum.
Q. Is there a penalty for making payments later than the due date?
A. There is a fee that needs to be paid if payments are late. It is pegged at 1% of the outstanding balance but is subject to a minimum of RM 10 and a maximum of RM 100.
Q. Are there any reward programs available on these cards?
A. There are various reward programs available with these cards. Two examples of these programs are UNIRM Points and UOBM SMART$ Rebate Programme.
Other Products from UOB
- Cash vs Cards Payments Malaysia
- How to Find the Perfect Credit Card in Malaysia
- How to Improve your Credit Rating in Malaysia
- How to Increase Credit Limit in Your Credit Card
- How to Pick an Emergency Credit Card
- Student Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Supplementary Credit Cards in Malaysia
- When to Use Credit over Cash
- Shed the Excess Interest Rates
- Protecting One’s Credit Card While Travelling
- Defaulting Your Credit Card Bills in Malaysia?
- Top 5 Reasons Why Owning a Credit Card is Good for You
- How to improve your chances of having a credit card approved
- Credit Card fraud: Are you aware of it?
- Understand Credit Card interest free period
- Reward Credit cards Malaysia
- Best Cash Back Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Best Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in Malaysia
- Personal Loan Against Credit Card
- How to Maximise Your Credit Card Benefits
- Popular Credit Card Fees and Charges in Malaysia
- How to Apply for Credit Cards in Malaysia for Foreigners
- Top 10 Credit Cards in Malaysia 2016
- Best Low Interest Rate Credit Cards in Malaysia
- What charges do you pay for when you swipe your card overseas
- Best Petrol Credit Cards In Malaysia
- Credit Cards for Employees in Malaysia
- Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for a Credit Card
News About UOB Credit Card
UOB Looking to Increase Credit Card Base in Malaysia
UOB (United Overseas Bank Bhd) is looking to grow its debit and credit cards base by 13%. In the coming 4 years, the bank also aiming to increase its billings by 14%.
Targeting the affluent in Malaysia, the MD and Personal Finance Services Country Head of UOB, Ronnie Lim said that the bank has strategically partnered with travel brands like Singapore Airlines, Kaligo and Expedia to strengthen travel-based offers to their cardholders.
UOB conducted a survey of affluent consumers in 2016 and found that 9 out of 10 well-to-do Malaysians travel to foreign shores at least once annually. Lim believes that the wealthy section of UOB’s customers want services that match up to their lifestyle requirements, with travel being one of them.
UOB card members can receive up to 60,000 KrisFlyer miles on spending RM750 in a single expense. The miles are redeemable for round-trip tickets to the US, Europe, Australia, South Korea or Japan. The bank is also offering 10 million KrisFlyer miles till the 31st of January, 2017, which can be redeemed SilkAir flights.
9th January 2017
5% cashback from UOB when you spend in foreign currency
UOB bank which is one of the most popular banks in Malaysia has launched an offer for its credit card holders. The promotional offer is valid from November 16th 2015 to January 31st 2016. The offer enables UOB cardholders to earn a cashback of 5% every time they swipe their UOB credit cards to spend money in foreign currency.
The following currencies are the ones that are eligible for this offer –
• Australian Dollar
• British Pound
• US Dollar
• Singapore Dollar
• Thai Baht
To qualify for the above promotion, customers are required to register for the same. Registration can be made via messaging the credit card or debit card number to 66300 or by following the steps in the SMS received by select UOB customers regarding this promotional offer.
30th November 2015