Debit cards serve as a payment instrument which gives you the liberty of to pay for goods and services without cash but through your savings or current account. All you have to do is maintain a deposit account with United Overseas Bank, apply for a debit card which will be linked to your account. If you stop maintaining your bank account the debit card will be cancelled by default.
Types of UOB Debit Cards
The most popular debit card from UOB is their Debit Mastercard.
UOB Debit MasterCard
Some of the leading features and benefits of UOB Debit Mastercard include:
- The UOB Debit Mastercard works both as a debit card and an ATM card.
- The UOB Debit MasterCard is accepted at over 300 HOUSE ATMs. HOUSE network includes ATMs that belong to OCBC Bank (Malaysia) Berhad, HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad along with United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd.
- One can withdraw cash in MEPS 10,000 ATMs around the World
- This card also allows you to access your deposit account in any of the UOB branches.
- Cash withdrawal and balance inquiry is available at lowest of charges.
- You can withdraw cash in international locations without any worry, with over a million ATMs at more than 210 countries for Mastercard, Maestro along with Cirrus at your disposal.
- MasterCard Cash Access with conditions applicable, gives you the advantage of cash withdrawals at certain merchants’ cashier counters as you make a retail transaction of a minimum of RM1 with you debit card.
- You have the security advantage of the in-built chip giving you a worry-free time
- You also earn SMART$ Rebate with every purchase and redeem it in the programme with the same name.
- You can also set a Debit Card Transaction Limit
FAQs on UOB Debit Cards
Are there any vital terms and conditions I should be aware about when using a UOB debit card?
You will be charged RM 200 as pre authorization fees on your banking account with UOB, when you make a payment using a UOB Debit Card at an automated fuel dispenser. UOB Bank will post this amount of transaction and then release the amount held extra from your account within a span of 3 working days post transaction date.
Do i have to pay any annual fees for the usage of the card?
For cards such as UOB Debit MasterCard you are charged RM 8.48.
What are the minimum and maximum cash withdrawal amounts for UOB debit card withdrawals?
The minimum amount that can be withdrawn is RM 10 while the maximum is RM 300, at a time.
What is the daily cash withdrawal limit for UOB debit cards?
The maximum limit for cash withdrawals through your UOB debit card it is RM 1000.