With the UOB Debit MasterCard, you get easy access to cash and can carry out purchases across the globe. The card allows for daily transaction limits to be set thereby giving you greater control of your finances.
List of UOB Debit Cards
|Card Name||Key Benefit(s)||Annual Fee||Daily Cash Withdrawal Limit|
|UOB Debit MasterCard||Recognised and accepted worldwide||RM8.48||The maximum cash withdrawal limit is RM10,000 per transaction.|
|Generic||Contactless functionality makes it easy to use for daily purchases instead of carrying cash.||RM10,000|
|Privilege||PIN verification makes it more secure to use compared to signature verification||RM10,000|
|Junior||Interbank ATM funds transfer made easy||RM500|
Types of UOB Debit Cards
UOB Debit MasterCard has the following variants:
- Generic card
- Privilege card
- Junior card
Features & Benefits of UOB Debit Cards
- With the UOB Debit MasterCard, you can earn 0.3% Smart$ rebates and use them to offset your future expenses.
- This card is accepted at over 300 HOUSe ATM Network.
- You can easily check your balance and withdraw cash from the ATM at a nominal charge.
- The MasterCard Cash Access allows you to withdraw money from the selected merchants’ cashier counters when you carry out retail transactions with your UOB Debit MasterCard.
- During your overseas travel, you can withdraw cash and perform balance enquiries at all the UOB ATMs in Thailand, Singapore, and Indonesia.
- You can withdraw money and perform balance enquiry from over 10,000 MEPS shared ATM Network.
- The UOB Debit MasterCard is accepted and recognised worldwide at over 25 million MasterCard merchants.
- Your UOB Debit MasterCard gives you access to special discounts and promotions offered by participating merchants. The promotions and privileges vary from shopping to dining to travelling.
UOB Debit Card Promotions 2018
Retail Privileges - Amazin' Graze: You get RM10 off on your first purchase with Amazin' Graze. You can also enjoy 10% off on the later orders with the promo code 'AMAZINUOB10’. This is applicable to UOB cardmembers and is valid up to 31 May 2018.
Sakae Sushi Promotion: This promotion is valid till 15 August 2018 and is open to all primary and supplementary UOB Debit/Credit cardmembers who has a UOB Debit/Credit Card issued in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand or Indonesia. The cardmembers are entitled to “1-for-1 Red Plate” at all the Sakae Sushi outlets in Malaysia.
Enjoy up to 15% off on your total bill at San Francisco Coffee: You can get 10% discount on your total bill if you buy 1 beverage and enjoy 15% off on your total bill with the purchase of 2 beverages at San Francisco Coffee. This promotion is valid until 30 June 2018.
UOB Debit Cards Fee & Charges
|Annual subscription fee||RM8.48.|
|Card replacement fee||RM8.|
|Transaction fee for cash withdrawal at HOUSe ATM machines||RM1 for each withdrawal.|
|Sales Draft Retrieval||RM5.30per draft (photocopy). RM15.90 per draft (original).|
|Transaction fee for cash withdrawal at MEPS Shared ATM Network||RM2 per withdrawal for private cardholders. RM4 for every withdrawal for other cardholders.|
|Transaction fee for cash withdrawal at Cirrus ATMs||RM12 for every withdrawal.|
|Balance enquiry at MEPS Shared ATM Network and at Interbank ATM Mobile Prepaid Top-Up at MEPS Shared Network||Free|
|Service fee charged on inter-country withdrawal at ATMs||Free (for UOB Malaysia cardholders)|
|Transaction fee for Interbank GIRO through an ATM||RM0.30 each transaction|
UOB Debit Cards Customer Care Information
If you have any queries or seek clarifications regarding the card, you can call the 24-hour UOB Call Centre in the following numbers:
- Kuala Lumpur +6 03-26128 121
- Penang +6 04-2401 121
- Johor Bahru +6 07-2881 121
- Kuching +6 082-287 121
- Kota Kinabalu +6 088-477 121
You can also mail your queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can call the following numbers for any specific query or to report a particular issue:
- Report Lost or Stolen Card - 603-2612 8100
- Privilege Banking - 1800 88 9833 (within Malaysia) and 603-2612 3312 (overseas)
You can also reach out to the head office address at:
Jalan Raja Laut
Peti Surat 11212
50738 Kuala Lumpur
Alternatively, you can fill up the feedback and enquiry form given on the UOB website.
Difference between UOB Debit Cards & UOB ATM Cards
The following are some of the differences between UOB Debit Card and ATM card:
- With the UOB Debit Card, you get rebates with UOB SMART$ Programme as opposed to the UOB ATM card.
- You can enjoy many shopping and dining privileges with the debit card but not with the ATM card.
- You can pay for your purchases in local and international markets with the debit card. The ATM card, on the other hand, lacks this feature.
Q. What is the maximum cash withdrawal limit per transaction on withdrawals made at select merchant cashier counters?
A. The maximum cash withdrawal per transaction through the MasterCard Cash Access at select merchant cashier counters is RM300.
Q. What is the meaning of HOUSe Network?
A. HOUSe network is a shared ATM network between many banks- HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Berhad, OCBC Bank Berhad, and United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Bhd.
Q. What happens if I lose my UOB Debit Card during my overseas travel?
A. If you lose your card while traveling overseas, you have to immediately contact UOB Phone Banking at 603-26128 121 to report the loss of the card.
Q. What is the Smart$ Rebate program?
A. SMART Dollar (SMART$) is an instant cash rebate program that is applicable only for UOB Debit or Credit Cards. You can earn 1% Smart$ Rebates when you pump at BHPetrol stations nationwide to enjoy savings. You can also earn 0.30% Smart$ Rebates on your retail purchases with the UOB Debit MasterCard at all the participating Smart$ and MasterCard merchants. You can identify them by the UOB Smart$ logo.
Note that one UOB Smart$ Rebates is same as RM1. Smart$ Rebates are valid for a year.
Q. What is the limit for ATM Cash withdrawal?
A. The ATM Cash Withdrawal limit of UOB Debit MasterCard is RM10,000.